BFBA DURBAN CONSULTANTS is a well established Electrical Engineering consulting company in Durban.
We come from humble beginnings being established in 1955 by the late Ervin Biderman originally called “E.Biderman-Consulting Engineer”. By the early 1960’s Trevor Finn and Cor Beekhuizen were taken in as partners and the company Biderman Finn Beekhuizen and Associates was established in Johannesburg.
A milestone in the history of the company was the establishment of the first branch office in Durban in 1968. Two years later, Trevor Finn relocated from Johannesburg and took the fledging branch under his leadership.
Since its founding, the company has been involved in many successful projects throughout South Africa and offers a wide variety of expertise and experience in order to deliver projects on time and within budget. Our business model is based on the accomplishment of innovative, energy efficient design of electrical and electronic engineering and to value engineer the most cost effective solutions for clients in the Built Environment, relating to Educational, Industrial, Commercial, Health Care and Residential Facilities.
“We take pride in being a Durban based company for over 50 years.”
Prestigious Projects done by BFBA Consultants (Durban)
To be a major roll player in the Consulting Electrical Engineering field by providing service excellence, development of meaningful partnerships and meaningful employment. To provide equal opportunity for advancement to all staff from all backgrounds.
To provide quality service that exceeds the expectations of our clients.
Each of our employees and members are selected because of their passion to provide excellent professional engineering services and their commitment to superb personal customer service and perform the services in a timely manner.
To build long-term relationships with our clients and provide exceptional client service by ensuring the best engineering solutions through Innovation and advanced technology. Ensuring that we are at the forefront of a growing technology, using the latest techniques to offer solutions for solving engineering problems.
We believe in treating our clients with respect. We grow through creativity, invention, and innovation. We integrate honesty, integrity, and strong ethics into all aspects of our business functions.
Develop a strong cliental, increase the assets and investments of the company and to support the development of Social Responsibility. To build excellent reputation in the field of Electrical Engineering Consulting and become a key player in the industry. The firm’s practice is to focus project teams in such a manner to ensure continuity of essential staff and personal involvement with the needs of our clientele.
Stan Kozlowski and Willie Bisschoff head up a committed and highly experienced team that prides itself in delivering a truly professional and personalized service.
Each member of our staff has distinct strengths and abilities. Our commitment to on-going professional development training ensures an understanding of the latest technical and code requirements, new techniques, energy saving systems, life cycle costs and enhancing the aesthetics of the building by using innovative lighting solutions.
“Every key to our success is doing everything possible to ensure the success of our clients.”
Teamwork is an intrinsic part of daily operations, as well as a commitment to quality and excellence where individual efforts are always encouraged and supported.
As each Project requires specialized technical experience, we assemble a specific Team most suitable for the specifc client and project to ensure we deliver the best solutions for our Clientele. The personnel assigned to each project have extensive design, analysis, and communication capabilities.
“Communication between a professional team is the key to excellent Teamwork.”
BFBA DURBAN CONSULTANTS has successfully completed many projects and has a proven record of excellent performance in terms of budget control, quality of work and staying within the parameters and deadlines of a project program.
BFBA DURBAN CONSULTANTS makes use of AutoCAD and REVIT as the primary engineering design software.
We use state of the art high-speed colour plotters for printing of large drawings to issue to other consultants, contractors, and clients.
- Blake House Office Block
- Lion Match Head Office – Durban Point
- JT Ross Head Offices
- Stadium Building
- Lion March Office Park – Umgeni
- ABSA Newcastle
- Albaraka Bank
- Ntuzuma Magistrates Court
- SA Reserve Bank - Alterations
- Malvern Park
- Pick n Pay Florida Road
- Pick n Pay Musgrave
- Pick n Pay Ballito Junction
- Pick n Pay Hyper by the Sea
- Pick n Pay Chatsworth
- Pick n Pay Midway Crossing
- Pick n Pay Pavilion
- Pick n Pay Crescent (Umhlanga)
- Pick n Pay Malvern
- Pick n Pay Christiaan Village
- Pick n Pay Lalucia
- Westville Village Mall
- Gateway Private Hospital
- Humana Healthcare Facility
- Ballito Odyssey Day Hospital
- Hillcrest Private Hospital
- Ethekwini Heart Centre
- City Hospital
- 480 Anton Lembede Hospital
- Ascot Park Hospital
- Isipingo Hospital
- Maxwell Clinic
- Shelley Beach Day Clinic
- Netcare - Margate Hospital
- Netcare - Kingsway Hospital
- Netcare -Bay Hospital
- Netcare -St Augustine
- Netcare - Umhlanga Hospital
- Netcare - St Anne’s
- Netcare - Parklands Hospital
- Stanger Hospital
- Riverhorse Park – Mini Warehouses 1,2,3,4,6 & 7
- ARAF Warehouse – Riverhorse
- Nkosinathi Secondary School
- Nazareth Primary School
- Unobhala Secondary School
- Hlengempilo Primary School
- Umsundusi Museum Renovations
- Compass Waste Centre Clayville Gauteng
- GUD Filters – Port Elizabeth
- Amanzimtoti Refuge Transfer Station
BFBA DURBAN Consultants is always looking for professional staff and new talent in order to grow our Durban base.
Please submit your CV’s to BFBA@DURBANBFBA.CO.ZA
Position Currently Available:
- Revit Draughtsmen in EMP and,
- AutoCAD draughtsmen
- With experience in Electrical Engineering.
Technicians, Technologist and Bsc Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Technicians
- Bsc Electrical Engineer
- Building Industry Experience at least 2 years.
Scope of Services
- MV Distribution, Transformers, and Solutions
- LV Distribution and Solutions
- Power Factor Correction
- Internal Lighting Designs
- External Lighting Designs
- Street, Public and Security Lighting Designs
- Standby Generator and UPS Power Solutions
- Lighting Protection and Earthing Systems
- BMS and Home Automation Systems
- Feasibility studies
- Fire Detection and Voice Evacuation
- Public Address And Intercom Systems
- Access Control Systems
- Building Management and Monitoring Systems
- Time And Attendance / Biometrics Solutions
- CCTV Systems
- Perimeter Control (Electric Fencing)
- TV Aerial Installations
- Telephone and Intercom Installations
- IT Systems and Network Infrastructures
- Energy Management Systems
- Audio Systems
- Analogue and Digital Nurse Call Systems
- Uninterrupted Power Systems (UPS)
- Pay on Foot Parking Systems
- Lift and Escalators Installation
- Theatre Panel Solutions
- Theatre Pendant Solutions
- Bedhead Solutions
- Nurse Call Systems